Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my truck has been sagging a bit to the left I thought that it was the front coils so I changed them out for some rough country leveling coils whitch was nice because I was able to eliminate the leveling kit but now my back end is sagging. left when I look underneath the left over load spring is about 1/2 an inch below the bumper but on the right side there is like 1.5-2 inches of space. would worn out shocks cause this?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Check for a broken leaf spring on that side. mine broke one 1/2 way at the axle and fell out somewhere. look at the leafs and count how many you see looking from each side of the axle or tire. or take the wheel off and inspect the number of leafs and be sure none are broken. i have a quote to put the heaviest duty rating under mine for about $900 labor and materials but i think a little steep maybe i am wrong.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well I checked my leafs and they are all there. none of them appear to be broken. could they just be getting worn out?

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
thats what its sounding like to me

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
check tires pressure, put truck on level ground and mesure from teh ground to the middle of the outer fender wheel see how much diffence there is

·
Registered
415 Posts
You mean left as in driverside? There is more weight on driverside. Your fuel tank is on that side. I could never get mine to sit level side to side. I ended up welding a 1/2" steal plate onto the block on the drivers rear to level it.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
You also may need a adj track bar if the lift coils raised the front 2". The stock track bar is pulling the truck front axle over..If you just used coils only add longer shocks.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well the front end looks pretty level.but is there any way to check the track bar? And what are some good longer shock like what would the right Length be?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
o and is the adj of the track bar somthing I can do my self because I got the front end aligned and they didnt say anything about the track bar and most likely didnt even look at it. I am so tired of trying to have any shops help me with anything because it seems like everywhere I go the just do a half ass job and say everything is ok. its not just this issue that has drove me to this. I am just tired of the BS so I am trying to learn to do as much as I can my self. well sorry for ranting and thanks for the help

1 - 9 of 9 Posts