Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i talked to my service manager that always takes care of me and decided the truck is going back in for some issues.

At cold start up, i have this super high pitch whistle that sounds like maybe my up pipe is cracked, or maybe the y pipe, not sure, but they are going to check it all out. all these little issues are driving me nutz.

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
Up-pipe. Mine did the exact same thing, ear piercingly loud whistle, only at idle, and only when it was cold out and truck wasn't fully warmed up.

What other issues you having?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i hope they figure it out, but im gonna go look at everything and do my own inspection before it goes in. That is really my only issue. My front brakes still squeal after turning the rotors and putting on new pads, that's not a big deal, but it sure is annoying.

·
Registered
706 Posts
i hope they figure it out, but im gonna go look at everything and do my own inspection before it goes in. That is really my only issue. My front brakes still squeal after turning the rotors and putting on new pads, that's not a big deal, but it sure is annoying.
Did you use cheap brake pads? Did you apply any squeal rattle on the clips?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, i bought the most expensive that the parts store had, i think they are Borg Warner... and i did put all the anti squeal and anti seize compound on required locations.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, just dropped off the truck. Before i took it in, i checked it all out, and i did find some soot where the y pipes hook to the exhaust manifolds... I wonder if this leak could be my noise. Time will tell. But my rental truck is a new F150, now i would never get rid of my super duty for one, but i must say, it is very nice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts