Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Y’all!

So I’m new to this forum, but I just recently bought a 1999 F250 7.3 and I LOVE it. It has Swamps 175 CC single shot injectors and a swamps Hydra Tune with 6 tunes on it. The rest is stock.

My question is.... I have a OBD II Bluetooth reader that uses The Torque App, when I tried reading any codes off the truck (it didn’t have any I was just seeing how it would work with the ECU) and when it was “trying” to read the codes the truck would lump idle and it almost sounded as if it was misfiring. And then it went back to normal idle after I cancelled the read and took off the reader. Could I have damaged my chip or ECU in the process of doing all this?

·
Registered
470 Posts
I use FORScan and a usb dongle (OBDlink SX). This happens to me when it first connects if the engine is running then it smooths out and is fine. If I get it connected before I start the truck I don't notice anything.

Cj

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use FORScan and a usb dongle (OBDlink SX). This happens to me when it first connects if the engine is running then it smooths out and is fine. If I get it connected before I start the truck I don't notice anything.

Cj
Thank you so much

1 - 3 of 3 Posts