Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know how to describe it other than a hiccup my truck has been studded with a BPD egr cooler put in, stock oil cooler, SCT live wire and in the last year new heads. Last year I drove to Colorado no problem pulled every grade in the Rockies without touching the cruise control. After I had the heads put in the truck will hiccup above 6000 ft if I step on the pedal. I just went on a fishing trip with my son and we had to go up the grade at 45 mph unloaded just to prevent this hiccuping. Once of the mountain and down in the flats I could pull any grade without thinking about it. The truck did this in the stock setting as well, on this trip I had it at the preloaded 65 hp tune. What could it be?

·
scouts out...
246 Posts
What tune where you running? I had issues with the canned tunes from SCT they are not altitude friendly.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm gonna try and bring this one back around I never seemed to quite figure it out but I only get to see if I still have the problem if I head up to the mountains 8000 plus. I was looking through the 6.0 bible and saw a BPS baro sensor. From what I saw it should read 0volts at sea level which is where I live and climb up to 5 volts at elevation so the only way I could see if it was bad would be to head up the mountain and check voltage. Right? If this was the problem and my truck wasn't able to receive the proper pressure reading could this make the truck run rough at elevation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts