Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i jus started having this problem. When i come to a stop my truck idles real rough almost dying almost like it has a lope to it. These are the codes i pulled. p1280 p1670 p0340 p0470 p0732 p0720. the last 2 are a transmission code and speed sensor code which are from my truck starting off in second gear which i have found to be linked to low voltage. one is an exhaust back presssure one i believe is due to not having a muffler. but the first 3 i do not know about. Is there any relation to the first 3 and the rough idle. thanks in advace for the help. Will. Oh and my truck is the one in my signature.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Under valve cover harness maybe?
IPR, ICP?

Travis t

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
would the CPS cause it to idle rough but do fine at higher rpms?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Not that I know of usually a bad CPS is a dead motor (shuts off) and will restart sometimes and sometimes not.

p1280 is the ICP sensor You can disconnect it and see if you idle clears up (PCM will default to a set pressure that will make the truck run smooth) and you'll know it's bad.

I've been thru a few of them... but it would run like crap and die and restart etc (they haven't lasted long for me...)

You can search the codes on google and sites like here and get a lot of info about each one. Remember sometimes on bad sensor or one bad thing will cause all kinds of codes to pop up.

Travis T

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright i appreciate it i will take a look.

·
Registered
405 Posts
P1280=Injection control pressure sensor circuit Low
1670=Electronic feedback signal not detected
0340=Camshaft position sensor
0470=Exhaust pressure sensor
0732=Gear 2 incorrect ratio
0720=Output speed sensor circuit
I think I've seen your truck at JC campus.
I have Auto Enginuity Ford Bundle & go to JC.Let me know if I can help.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
yea i went to jc. Twelch3 i definetaley recongnize your truck. I will definetaley pm you if i need some help. i just reset my system. and drove it a little bit. did fine for a little while then started acting up. but cleared up again after a minute so im leaning towards the ICP sensor. where is it located? and how much do they run? theSLEEPER i live in gautier.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I thought that was the same truck,looks good! I will be at JC most of the day tomorrow.I'll have my laptop with Auto Enginuity if you want to check it out. You can text me at 731-7318. The guy who owns the Powerstroke shop 1/2 mile east of JC on 90 has been helpful when I needed stock parts. He is a member here too,but I don't think he gets on very much.

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
Damn! Looks like we're getting some members! Let me know if you guys need something. I might be able to get some of the more expensive parts for a better price.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
guys i really appreciate it. it did good for me yesterday when i went duck hunting. but if it starts acting up again im gonna replace it. if yall need anything my number is 243-1975

·
Registered
405 Posts
Glad we could help.Just wing it!

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
unplug your ICP sensor and see if it runs better....if it does than your ICP is bad...you can leave it disconnected but it will effect negatively on your milage....TRUST ME. the CPS wouldn't cause this kind of situation....99% it's your ICP. check your UVCH's though, sometimes they melt down and cause this symptom as well which won't pop a code, at least mine didn't.

Chad

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Chad i appreciate it. When it acts up again im gonna unplug it and see if it smooths it out. Can i unplug it while its running?

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
Twelch and I have just about everything you need to fix your truck, including 2 7.3's to swap parts off of. LOL

Hopefully you get it fixed easily, but if not, bring it over. Twelch has AE and I have a mechanical ICP gauge as well.

If it's fixable, we can fix it. 6.0's too. Tell your friends. :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts