Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Stupid Kid
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparantly there is a group of little punks that are running around my neighborhood and vandalizing stuff. They have got me on numerous occasions and I am about to loose it. So far they have slashed two procomp 315/75/16 tires on my 7.3, they have keyed my 6.0 which was brand new 6 months ago and it is black they have done this on 2 seperate occasions one of them being last night they threw a bottle with clorox or draino(not sure which) but it blows up next to both of my truck. that and they like to throw stuff at the house as well and mess with christmas lights Police wont do anything but they did say that there were alot of similar occurences in the area. Im pissed what would you do. I am trying to figure out how I can catch them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you have access to an infared trail cam used for monitoring game movement and you have a place to set it up, at least you'd get pictures of them in the act without them knowing they've had their picts. taken

·
Go Away I'm Baitin
1,142 Posts
If you have access to an infared trail cam used for monitoring game movement and you have a place to set it up, at least you'd get pictures of them in the act without them knowing they've had their picts. taken
great idea thats even better that what i was thinking
catch them drag them to their parents and let the parents call the cops about the sitiuation

as a kid i was more arfaid of my old man than the cops

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
I'll add don't do anything to them. Just catch them, indentify them, and let the authorities handle it. If anything bring civil suit against them / their parents and sue for damages.

Just don't do anything that could set you up for a criminal / civil suit. I.E. boobie traps, kidnapping and torture, shooting them, stalking with intent to harm, etc

:D

·
Registered
716 Posts
What state do you live in? Depending on laws, there are several ways you could handle this.

But the more well lit the area is your vehicle is parked in the less chance it has of becoming vandalized as normally people target vehicles that let them stay hidden from unsuspecting people.

·
Stupid Kid
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
great idea thats even better that what i was thinking
catch them drag them to their parents and let the parents call the cops about the sitiuation

as a kid i was more arfaid of my old man than the cops
Thats what I was thinking my self. I would rather catch them on camera with out them knowing. Then to identify them I would just have to go to the local school and see if the school resource officer could identify them for me.

·
Stupid Kid
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I did just get a blow gun the other day a dart in the a$$ :gun: would probably deter them some. But right now just want to catch them some how. In this same amount of time there has been alot of random tire slashings, general destructive behavior, and the F'up some freinds of ours pool that live about 6 doors down. When I was younger I did some stupid stuff but I was never destructive towards other peoples stuff. Kids these days.

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Thats what I was thinking my self. I would rather catch them on camera with out them knowing. Then to identify them I would just have to go to the local school and see if the school resource officer could identify them for me.
They probably neither have parents that care or go to school.

·
Stupid Kid
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
now thats a good idea, unless they arent in school which they probably arent
One person down the street chased them and estimated them to be about freshman in high school. Its a group of young kids that can't drive yet would be my guess so they just walk the neighborhood and cause trouble? If they were graduated I would probably be able to find out who they are cause they would only be about 2 or 3 years younger than me. Do they make an infared video camera that turns on based on a motion detecter?

·
Junior Mint
2,461 Posts
Tear down your back yard fence and build backyard parking.

Just a thought.

I lived somewhere where another truck of mine was keyed 3x. I was livid. I found out who it was. It was a 10 year old little middle class white girl. Couldn't really beat her to a pulp ya know?

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
One person down the street chased them and estimated them to be about freshman in high school. Its a group of young kids that can't drive yet would be my guess so they just walk the neighborhood and cause trouble? If they were graduated I would probably be able to find out who they are cause they would only be about 2 or 3 years younger than me. Do they make an infared video camera that turns on based on a motion detecter?
yes they do but then you would have to add a multiplexer and DVR

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
:stupid: with a hundred foot chain to the hitch and keep him hungry.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts