Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey fellas, i got the sct chip with no custom tunes, just the pre-loaded ones. but i,ve had the chip almost a year. and the truck seemed to get lazy on me. loss of power, laggy, low boost ex...... i turned the truck to stock then re-tuned it. and the power is back, boost back at 30psi all seem norm.
but my question is why would it get lazy on me? i do only drive the truck maybe 100 miles sometimes more like 200 miles a month. would not driving it daily effect it? just wondering if there is a bigger issue of if this is just common.
thanks,
louie

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
i know its common on my truck with the edge evo and have heard that it is, i think somehow the info fades in the comp. i DD and typically 3-4 months it just goes downhill so reprogram and repeat process.

·
Registered
84 Posts
i know its common on my truck with the edge evo and have heard that it is, i think somehow the info fades in the comp. i DD and typically 3-4 months it just goes downhill so reprogram and repeat process.
i have edge juice with attuide and ive been noticeing that what do i do just un huook it and the hook it all back up again

·
Harl
705 Posts
vanes sticking?? spool valve sticking?
:whs:
I have heard of the vanes to stick from stitting so long. Never had it happen to my moms 03.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
i have edge juice with attuide and ive been noticeing that what do i do just un huook it and the hook it all back up again
you leave the programmer hooked in? i aint familiar with that one. i dont leave mine hooked up and when it begins to poke like a old dog dieing i just plug it in an reprogram it. so if your saying to unplug it and plug it back and reprogram it then yes that would be what id do.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
just wondering if there is a bigger issue of if this is just common.
thanks,
louie
sorry didnt see yours is a 6.0 but id bet the vanes are sticking, i know some thatll stick within less then a week, but also it probly wouldnt hurt to reprogram it and see how it goes, but if anything does happen i am in no means responsible just the experiences ive had.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
not sure about the vanes sticking? my turbo is only a year old and i've only put maybe 3-5k on my truck this year. it seems more like the computer. i put my chip on my friends truck today so he could see if he wanted on or not, when i reprogrammed my truck it just seemed lacking power no smoke no head gettin sucked to the seat, so i i plugged the chip back in and reprogramed it the same way i did fifteen min befor and then BAM power smoke head sucked in to seat and all that?????????????????? i be confused????? maybe i need to brake down and get a custom tuned for my truck, sense i got the bigger and six speed maybe thats it???
maybe i should just sale it 17k its yours any takers????

·
PETE ENGR PSD
973 Posts
Buy some custom tunes, $80 from IDP, or I think its $50 from Doug at GOGO, both sponsors here. The box tunes don't compare to the custom ones. Doesn't sounds like a turbo problem at all. All it sounds like is it might be in your head a little, or the box tunes are de-fueling. Not sure if they de-fuel, but I know the custom ones do not.

·
Registered
84 Posts
edge you can tune on the fly while your driving say your on fuel milage and you can go to race or extreme with push of a button without turning the truck off

·
Registered
72 Posts
edge you can tune on the fly while your driving say your on fuel milage and you can go to race or extreme with push of a button without turning the truck off
And how does your transmission like that?

·
Registered
84 Posts
as long as you dont bet the #### out of it dont really mind it at all. If u turn to level 5 and mash the petal down without giveing a few to reprogram then its hard on your trans its all in how you drive it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts