Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my work truck is bone stock besides a leveling kit and straight piped exhaust. Its a 2000 cc sb. While driving down the road the truck dies, if you shift it into N it will stark right back up. Changed the Cam sensor still the same thing. Any ideas?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Checked the batteries and fuses nothing wrong there. The battery connections are good. What gives? Bad cam sensor? Been doing it for a couple months now at random times.

Once at night it did it and the lights didn't dim or anything. Was going about 50mph and put it in N and it fired right back up and drove fine. I'm lost about this. :(

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Classic CPS issue. Try changing the CPS, check for and repair/fix any other codes. Then clear codes and retest.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Get your CPS from Ford or International.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
In that case you will wnat to get the shim kit that includes a measuring tool to determine if the cam is walking back and forth. It requires tearing the engine apart to fix it but that is pretty much the only other option. Oh before I forget, the CPS that they just put in could be bad. Is it the grey one with the purple o-ring? They are notorious for giving all kinds of problems.

·
Registered
357 Posts
OK here is something else to check
Make sure the nut holding the magnet tight on the IPI valve off the HPOP. Mine came off and my truck would not idle, would stall when trying to take off from a stop sign and when backing up. Put the nut back on and all the problems went away.
Just something to check.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Why do some people think CPS CPS CPS,,, like that's the only thing that fails on these motors! LOL:doh:

As Chris said, check the IPR nut also. Get codes pulled by a good reader, not from AutoZone, theirs will not see all our codes...

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Why do some people think CPS CPS CPS,,, like that's the only thing that fails on these motors! LOL:doh:

As Chris said, check the IPR nut also. Get codes pulled by a good reader, not from AutoZone, theirs will not see all our codes...
It is the number 1 cause of the symptoms he is experiencing. That and the fact that the CPS is a known horrible design even with the "updated" versions that wreak all kinds of havoc.;)

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No mine and thats not my work truck or truck at work i should say. The CPS is a grey with black o-ring. Just pulled it to see. I can get my hands on a Snap-On code reader, i'll see what it comes up with.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts