Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Truck died running down the highway, started back up. Happened 3 times. Towed it to the shop. Its a '06 with a bullydog tuner. Stored injector circut low and circut high for #8 and Injector Control Pressure Sensor circut intermittent. Any ideas? Truck hasa 115k on it. Had two injectors replaced bout a month ago, #1 and #3. Injectors gone south again?

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
What are you pulling codes with?

Its more than likely an injector, but hard to pinpoint without a little more testing.

If this truck has already had 2 injectors replaced I would be checking fuel pressure, contition of fuel filters, oil change intervals, etc...

·
Word
608 Posts
If the ICP sensor goes bad it will cause the truck not to run and not start....

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
ICP sensor, or possibly a FICM issue.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. Don't know the history on the truck, brand new customer. Just don't have a lot of experince with 6.0's! Thanks again. Let you know more as I do

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do these injectors intermittently fail? It runs fine sometimes and not others?

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,868 Posts
i would check the harness, and possibly do the FICM resolder

G

·
Do these injectors intermittently fail? It runs fine sometimes and not others?
As said, I would check harnesses for chaffing and FICM solder joints. Injectors really don't work well one day and not the next. Sounds like FICM solder joints need to be reflowed and solder added to them. Doing so made a world of difference in my truck..

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry as I'm not real experienced with the 6.0s as I mentioned. What part of the FICM needs the solder touched up? I'm good with electrical but if I can ask instead of trial and error or testing than I save time:D Thanks for the input guys

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Or will the area be obvious?

G

·
Sorry as I'm not real experienced with the 6.0s as I mentioned. What part of the FICM needs the solder touched up? I'm good with electrical but if I can ask instead of trial and error or testing than I save time:D Thanks for the input guys
I reflowed every joint on the board that I could see. Check the harness's also going to the FICM.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Really? all those tiny little diodes and resistors and caps? Or just the main inputs from the back side of the connectors?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So I resoldered a bunch of internal pieces and I put the ficm back in. Tried to start it and it wouldn't fire. Thought #### I ####ed it up. Started to pull it back out and noticed that one connector wasn't solid in the module. So I tried to push it back in til it clicked but the damn thing wouldn't click. I gave the other two a wiggle test and they came out too! So I ####ed with those for a while tried all the old tricks to get em back in tight but nothing. I got feed up with it and took it all out again. Upon closer inspection all three connectors tabs were broke off, not my doing. I zip tied them on around the ficm, and put it back together again. This time I finally only got one code p0283 cyl 8 circut high. Drove it some and it never threw anymore codes and never acted like it was dying. Determined it was the #8 injector all along alongside the broken connectors loosing contact. Is the connectors in the harness side a common problem? Or was the last guy that worked on this just careless?

·
psd tech
51 Posts
there is a tsb for a reprogram for all 8 injector codes and some other problems.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts