Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have an 06 f350 with the 6.0 I started it this morning and the water in fuel light was on so I shut it off and drained the water then started it backup and took off got something to eat it ran for about 30 minutes I drove about two miles pulled ou from a stop sign and it died. After that the truck cranks great but won't fire I checked to make sure there's fuel in the upper filter and there was the truck just cranks and cranks and you can hear the fuel pump kick on any help is greatly appreciated thanks

·
Registered
266 Posts
drain the water out, alen plug on the side of pump/filter housing on the frame rail. if it were me i would put new filters in it while i was at it, also check for codes but being as your wif light came on then the truck died i would def start there man.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help that was the first thing I done didn't change filters but drained water where you said, the light went away but still no start

·
Registered
160 Posts
i have same exact problem on a 03 the trucks in the shop right now second day in and all they know that its electrical and tomorrow i should have answer

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i pulled the codes on it today and it has P0261, P0264, P0267, P0270, P0273, P0276, P0279, P0403, P0405, THE 403 AND 405 ARE BECAUSE THERE NOT HOOKED UP I DONE THE EGR DELETE, AND P2285 WICH IS THE ICP SENSER WICH THAT POPED UP BECAUSE I HAD IT UNPLUGGED TO SEE IF THAT WOULD LET IT START, AND IT DIDNT, SO IT LOOKS LIKE I GOT TO TEST THE FICM IF ANYONE HAS ANY OTHER REASONS WHY THOSE CODES WOULD POP UP PLEASE LET ME KNOW THANKS.

·
Jackleg Mechanic
881 Posts
do you have a way to check the high pressure oil psi?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I DONT HAVE A WAY TO CHECK THE HIGH PRESSURE OIL SYSTEM WITHOUT STRIPPING SOME WIRES I CHECKED THE FICM IT SHOWS 47.7 VOLTS WITH KEY ON AND WILE CRANKING, I PULLED THE OIL FILTER AND I GET OIL TO THE FILTER BUT IT DONT STAY LONG AFTER YOU QUIT CRANKING EVEN WITH THE BYPASS PUSHED DOWN OR EVEN IF YOU STICK THE FILTER IN IT AND HOLD IT ALL THE WAY DOWN, IT STILL EMPTIES OUT PRETTY QUICKLY

·
Jackleg Mechanic
881 Posts
you need to get it on a scan tool unless you want to just start throwing parts at it till you get to the right one. ficm volts are good.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Saw a 6.0 this week that blew out a ball or bearing if you will from a hole in the hpop that is present from the machining processes. It is only a press in fit and will occasionally fall out or blow out. It's on the low pressure side where the hpop is feed with oil. Just a thought. See if the truck makes pressure on the dash gauge while cranking. The gauge uses a on/off switch but it takes something like atleast 8psi to turn the gauge "on" and show pressure. The truck I'm talking about didn't show pressure at an idle and actually still ran, just not well. I also found a ball-bearing on the end of a 6.0 magnetic drain plug some time back and didn't know what it was. Know I do! Good luck

·
Jackleg Mechanic
881 Posts
If you are mechanically inclined you can buy an AE scan tool for about $360 and load it on a laptop and do you own diagnosis and fix it yourself from now on. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Had a truck at the shop a few weeks ago had the same codes. It ended up being the FICM. First I would check your battery cables and make sure that they are good. Next I would turn the key to the run position. If you do not hear all of the injectors clicking its more than likely that your FICM has failed and needs to be replaced. You can also inspect the wire harnesses for chafed wires. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
160 Posts
my truck is still in shop like i said last night with same problem and its a diesel shop with the best scanners and they cant find the problem so i disagree with mastrkee and if you dont think its hpop i would agree with cody the killa and start checking ur harness thats where im at with mine

·
Registered
620 Posts
If its bringing up codes for all injectors there's a pretty good chance it's the wires or FICM

1 - 18 of 18 Posts