Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a 2000 f350 powestroke and and today i was driving it to town ran great put fuel in it and drove 30 miles with no problems than it cuts out came to a light than dies started right back up no rough idle or nothing just died than decied i better go home drove about 20 miles and started to cut out again this time check engine light came on so when i got home i shut it off and turned it back on and light went off it was raining at the time it was cutting out any sugestions

·
Registered
298 Posts
If the Check Engine Light came on that means a code is stored. Pull it and see what it says.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Mine just did that was a cps... Code Did not show on my obd scanner.even had rpms..
But was still cps, finally did recall.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i went to check the codes today and the reader said no codes stored in computer so i gues ill try the cps ive read that the black ones better than the grey does any local part stores carry that like autozone or napa or a website where i can get this item pretty quick

·
Edward Scissorhand WanaB
1,995 Posts
From all the reading through the forums many have posted to Not bother with the CPS from the big chain parts store. Stick to the Ford or International dealership.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
May be free from ford if your recall was not done.....

·
Registered
64 Posts
Get it from ford I went threw 4 from autozone and 2 from advanced and the last one from napa ive had the ford one for 6months no prob yet....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok i replaced the cam sensor from ford yesterday and took it out no issues hoped in it today and drove prob 20 miles or so and it was raining hit the wipers and truck cuts out any sugestions

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Ground issue?
Double check batterys are tight, have advance etc load test them, test the alt if possible.
Is the truck chipped.
Check the ground straps engine to chassis etc..
Depending on year make sure the windshield is not leaking on to the back of the fuse box

My windshield was replaced, when it rained...omg ghost in the machine.

Did it ever have a remote start, or alarm that was removed.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the truck is bone stock no chip or anything and the alt puts out 14.2 and as for remote start or alarm not sure i just got this thruck a month ago i cleaned the battery termainals before i took it out when it rained it just does it occasionally when the wipers are on, it can be raning and as along the wipers off its fine

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Hmm feel up behing fuse box is it damp?
The gem module is there and controls a bunch.

·
PSN Veteran
255 Posts
ok i replaced the cam sensor from ford yesterday and took it out no issues hoped in it today and drove prob 20 miles or so and it was raining hit the wipers and truck cuts out any sugestions

Ive seen this in a few trucks where the wiper motor was causing interference with the CPS, trucks only died with the wipers on. Changed CPS and fixed the problem.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Ive seen this in a few trucks where the wiper motor was causing interference with the CPS, trucks only died with the wipers on. Changed CPS and fixed the problem.
Me too, people thought I was nuts. It was a bad CPS.

Try this, leave the wipers on or off, not intermittent. On mine it seemed that the initial on cycle of the wipers would kick the engine out.

Other folks thought that the rain water was fouling the connection to the cps which is right behind the engine fas so I suppose water could get in there but the wipers are what would kill my engine.

Since going to the grey CPS, no problem and it was free with the recall.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts