Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had this problem come and go for a while now.After I bought the truck about a year ago,put Banks 6-gun on it,ram air, and 5" exhaust. It would do the missing and sometimes die,no start,no pedel response etc. Changed fuel fitlers,messed with the sensor on the pass-side valve cover. problem went a way???? Blew the heat gaskets/cracked head....went to dealer,with no banks etc on the truck,bought studs paid extra to have studs installed.Truck ran OK for stock,but made more turbo noise....put the Banks stuff back on and it found out what the turbo noise was....Y-pipe was cracked...noticed the miss-surge but thought it was just the turbo leaking.Bought new Y-pipe,egr delete and stage II turbo from Liberator Perf. Truck wouldn't get out of it's own way.
looked at the sensor under the turbo,screen was fine,put new turbo back on.Still ran like crap.The Banks IQ was giving me a code about the VGT.So I put the stock turbo back on it and now it runs OK...but has this miss on top end..above 2,000 for the most part.No codes. Shawn is sending out new turbo should have it today.I'm going to un hook the 6-gun and IQ and see if that clears up the missing etc. Also just updated the IQ but don't know if that has anthing to do with it. I have a new SCT X3, if I take the Banks off I have no gauges etc.

Tom K

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well took the Banks off and still its still doing it,just not as bad.Now it's lazy..not much power turned back to stock. Any ideas on what it could be?

Thanks Tom K.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I messed with the IPR connector today along the road then took off, the truck is not missing....sometimes it's all the time. I loaded the SCT tune on it and when it clears up:bowfast::bowfast::bowfast:That thing will run!!!
But it seemed to clear up more,alot more after I messed with the connector.
When I got home I checked it good and pushed the wires it with very small screwdriver,may-be that will help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts