Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok first pls excuse my ignorance. My truck has all of a suden start sounding wierd. It sounds like a loud intake noises. At first i thought it was maby a boost leak. I just installed a riffraff 6637 intake so I thought maby I didnt get it instaled properly. So last night I checked and double checked it. My silicon boots were dirty so I cleaned thos and didnt see any obvious dammage. So i thought maby it just extra intake noise because i just put the new filter on. But this morning when I started my truck it was diffrent. Ok this is when my ignorance comes in. When you start your truck in the morning at first it sound normal then you get the sound like it is a jet engine. Is that the ebpv valve? Anyway this morning it was coming on and off. Any ideas on what I have goin on.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just read on another form that you can unplug the air intake temp sensor that was in the original air box and that would keep the ebpv valve from coming on. Is this true?

·
Registered
708 Posts
Ebpv

Mitch, are you sure about that? The only way I know to disable it, is either removing it completely, or reaching by the turbo, when the ebpv is open, and unplug it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea I think I mis read it. I have been reading more on this form and im prety shure the ebpv is my problem and have read that I need to unplug it at the ped. Right? Im at work and trying to figure out whats wrong with my truck and deal with work.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
unplug the EBPV off the pedestal while the truck is off. if you don't want it to throw the soft code buy the $30 part from riffraff that stops the soft code. it won't throw a CEL though. just a soft code without the part from riffraff which will only be found when scanned.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
the reason it was turning on and off this morning is more than likely because the spring is bad.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok sweet. I planed on unplugging it right after work before I start it up. If this does stop the problem i will probably end up buying the delet ped.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok I unplugged the ebpv befor I left work. It seams that it fixed my problem.im still hearing unusual sounds but I think it just because I just put on the 6637 filter. I might put on the old filter and box monday when im off just to make shure.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Are you hearing like a whoosh sound when you let off the throttle? That just turbo stall your hearing. It was always there, but the stock box muffled the sound to where you can't hear it

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I put my stock air box back on and it confirmed that most of the sounds i iwas hearing was the new filter but im still hearing a higher pitched hum that I dont believe was there prior to my ebpv messing up. Would dirving it while the ebpv was sticking have caused damage to the turbo. My next move is when I put my 6637 back on im gonna check shaft play on the turbo. Any other ideas guys. My wife thinks im hearing things and loosing my mind lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts