Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it's one of those issues that will only occur when my wife is driving. She says the check engine light will come on and it will run rough for a while and then it will smooth out and light will go out. The only time i have seen it happen was in the morning and i started it and the light was on and had a slight miss for maybe 5-10 seconds and then smoothed out and light went off. So today i took the truck by my work and hooked up the scanner. Here's what i got....

P1670 EF feedback signal not detected (no clue?)
P0475 Exhaust pressure control valve fault (it's unplugged)
P1316 IDM Codes detected (This one i'm curious about)
P1211 ICP pressure above/below desired (we all know this one)

Then i did a KOEO test and got this....

P1272 Cylinder 2 (B) High to low side open

Did a contribution test and only got the typical #8
Buzz test showed the P1272 code again.

So what do you guys think? Is it an IDM issue. A harness issue? Or is it time to start looking for injectors?

·
PSN Pretender
1,926 Posts
I would go after the #2 (P1272) fault first. Pop the cover off and check the connectors underneath, most likely the connector came loose and is intermittently making a bad connection.

So there is no confusion #2 is the driver side front cylinder.

Good Luck

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks i'll give that a try first.

·
Headwind Magnet
626 Posts
"P1670 EF feedback signal not detected (no clue?)"

This code should only be an issue if you clear it and it returns. It means the IDM is not talking back to the PCM. Since you also have the IDM codes detected, I'm thinking the 1670 is just an electronic glitch.

In a worse case where the 1670 keeps reoccuring you may need a new IDM eventually. Truck should run fine but you won't be able to see IDM codes. Good luck!
Best,
Jim

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks man. I'm going to tear into her tuesday morning when i get off work. I hate night shifts:doh:

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well work was slow last night so i pulled my truck in and tore into it. When i got the valve cover off i found that the harness plug in the inside of the cover that passes through to the outside was partially backed out on the front side. I'm guessing that the pins for #2 injector are at that end. It seemed that the clip for the plug is a little worn and would not hold the connector in very well so i dabbed some silicone clip and plugged it back in. Hopefully it holds better. So we.ll see if it acts up any more. Hopefully that was all that was wrong.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts