Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i have a 96 powerstroke with ts chip tw tunes 4 inch stright pipe and glow shift gauges and worndering whats the best trubo to get or the next thing i schould do?
thanks

·
Young'n
1,564 Posts
What's your power goals in the future? If you are on a budget I would just do some stage 1's. If your towing a lot, you need an INtercooler ASAP. Either way thought you'll need on anything over stage 1's.

Once you get up past stage 1's you need E-fuel and a healthy HPOP. The 15* doesn't cut it. Lol

When it comes down to it, its all on how much power, and money you wanna spend. If we know those we can go further with it.

Thanks,
Jansan

·
Beef
1,565 Posts
think about your budget and how much hp you want then go from there.
I had a GTP38R and loved how quick it spooled and I found it at a class 8 dealer for 1300 bucks, NIB. If you are willing to fab, you could find something else cheaper but i liked how quick the BB turbo responded.
W/ certain upgrades, you WILL get what you pay for. If you do get NIB from a vendor shop wisely. I tried finding some sales and got burned in the end.
good luck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i gat a intercooler off of a bus with all the pipes and every thing but idk if itll fit or not. is the BD-Power TP38 Turbo Thruster II anygood?

·
Young'n
1,564 Posts
I have baby swamps in my truck and love them. Tow with them w/o and INtercooler and she stays pretty cool. I recommend those if your looking for a set on a budget and don't wanna do a ton of supporting mods.

- on the tp38, I have a buddy who runs one with 200/30% sticks and it's held up well, but that's the only time ive had personal experience with it.

- if your interested in getting injectors, or anything for that matter shoot me a PM and I can get you anything you need!

Thanks,
Jansan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts