Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Im still new to 7.3L when it comes to engine Mods..

I want to put a bigger turbo and stage 2 injectors but im not sure what to look for. can someone point me in the right direction. Also is anyone selling a setup here on the forum? Also if i get a setup like this i know i will need a tune..im looking into the Tony Wildman Chip.. will i need anything else?

·
Registered
391 Posts
I am running stage 2's and im gonna be running an s465 with a t4 mount. But if your not looking to go bigger in the future i would get the D66 from beans. I would just talk to them about getting a package with the stage 2's, turbo, and tune.
Bryan

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much do you think that would Run me? Also how do i contact him?

·
Registered
391 Posts
I wouldnt have any idea and they are a site sponser on here or you can go to there website its beansdieselperformance.com. they also have a number that can be reached on there.
Bryan

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What Can I Run As Far As Turbo and Injectors Before I Have To Upgrade My Oil Pump? Would Stage 1 Injectors Make A Big Difference If I Kept My Stock Turbo? And Would I Have To Retune Or Will I Be Able To Run The Injectors On My BullyDog Tune?

·
Registered
391 Posts
It depends on what kind of shape your stock pump is in but when i did the stages 2s we found out mine was weak. With stage ones and a stock turbo you will notice a good bit of power difference especially if you get custom tunes with it.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Stock turbo will be ok for a while, but I would highly recomend the use of custom tuning (6 position chip). Your tune will work, but it will not be that good. Oil pump will be ok for a while also but better oil would be a good idea!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Will It Blow Black Smoke? Will It make A Big Difference? Also what Injectors do you recommend? Will a stock turbo and oil pump be able to run stage 2 injectors?

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
What are you looking to do with the truck? Are you only looking for smoke?? Or do you want some power? Give me a call if you want to talk more in depth.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I want power and smoke of course! Im just looking to upgrade the injectors and turbo but im trying to figure out if i will need an oil pump also i will shoot you a PM

·
Pulling sled for hire
1,905 Posts
For a while I ran pretty much the same setup you're talking about - Stage 2's from Bean and a Wildman chip. I also had an intake and exhaust. It ran great and made 367 hp so plenty of power and all the smoke you could want. The picture in my signature was just flooring it on the daily driver setting in neutral. My stock turbo lasted about 15k miles with this setup before it was done.
I didn't see what your transmission was, but if you have the stock clutch/stock automatic you will probably have some problems there.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Im In The Middle Of Having My Buddy Do A 5 spd Swap right now.. It has a brand new clutch is there anything i should throw in the swap that i might need?

·
Powerstrokin'
847 Posts
Well if you are going to be getting bigger injectors make sure you get a higher horse clutch that will hold up because a stock clutch isnt gonna live very long with stage one or two injectors.;)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just started looking into clutches! anyone have any suggestions?

·
Pulling sled for hire
1,905 Posts
Im In The Middle Of Having My Buddy Do A 5 spd Swap right now.. It has a brand new clutch is there anything i should throw in the swap that i might need?
You need to get away from the dual mass flywheel. It will be a bigger problem than the stock clutch. Call one of the sponsors like Bean's and they can hook you up with something like a South Bend Con OFE clutch which will come with a single mass flywheel and hold all the hp you'll be making. That's what I'm running.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Alright awesome i will check out Bean's Website! What setup are you running on your truck right now?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What do you have for an intercooler? how much did that run you?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts