Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
You can hit up your dealer to change your speedo for 35's. Or buy AE (diagnostic tool) and change the tire size yourself up to 40's... It is in the 350 range... if you have a laptop.

I sold my tru speed for AE

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats an idea...but i'm guessing the price point of the AE software is more than a tru speed...

so who sells a tru speed?

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Yep it is more expensive. but you get a diagnostic tool that can monitor just about every sensor your truck has. It can run tests such as an Injector buzz tests, cylinder contribution tests, and much more. If you have a laptop it is definitely a handy tool.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Another vote for AE... I have reprogramed 12-15 trucks for people... If I were an ass I would charge them and make the money back for the AE... But I am not

Well some think so... lol

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how does it affect tuning? will it change the way a chip reads sensors and make the truck run like junk?

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
how does it affect tuning? will it change the way a chip reads sensors and make the truck run like junk?
Auto Enginuity will do nothing bad, its a scan tool similar to what a ford shop would use.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so it will correct for the tire size and therefore change shift points...also allows me to do scanning...correct? do you have to buy the extra ford module package for 199 to get all that? or what is that package for?

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
so it will correct for the tire size and therefore change shift points...also allows me to do scanning...correct? do you have to buy the extra ford module package for 199 to get all that? or what is that package for?
You need AE with the enhanced Ford Package... Most sponsers sell it for about $350 complete.

Yes, Speedo effects shifting.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts