Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone run the rivercity thumper ? How is it running ? Anyone out there having problems or failures? Tsd just installed mine and it's failing. It's not even producing as much oil pressure as a stock pump. The voltage is at 3.3 and it should be 4.7

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
No wonder your truck dyno'd so low...I haven't heard of any issues yet. IPR valve is working properly?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a brand new one. And that's the only other thing tsd said it could be. And they just laughed because it's not.

Oh yea early today I asked Jared if he had any problems with them. He said out of 150
He hasn't. Then I got the confirmation it was the hpop then I called and heather the assustant said he was on the phone. This was at 445 so I left a message. I tried again at 5 and she said he was still on the phone. I know i was being persistent. But I asked her If I could talk to him before they close. And what time to they close? and it was 5. Which I figured it was. Then she said he'll call me back tommorw. I was talking to him on Psa earlier hopefully he responds.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oooops my bad sorry I thought I was under 6.0. If a moderator could change it.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Are you talking about ICP voltage? Might have a bad sensor,bad voltage supply, bad ground, or just a bad connection. I am just guessing but is this a second "booster" pump? What is your IPR% ? Maybe your "booster" pump is supplying all the pressure you need and your IPR is backing the system down, hence the low voltage reading.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tsd put it in and they are sure it's the hpop . I asked them what the oil pressure was. They said we don't measure it that way. We do it by voltage and it was 3.3. He said it was the pump or the fitting. And the fitting is brand new. The pump is brand new. But he laughed when it was the fitting. So they are confident it's not the fitting. The oil filter is brand new obviously. They just put in a sinister oil cooler to. He said the ipr is brand new, I think. I mean that's when he laughed about it. Saying it wasn't.

Are you talking about the hpop reservoir? And check valve?

He said it wasn't even making oil pressure what a stock pump should make.

I talked to Jared Thursday and he was going to call Chris B at tsd when he had a chance. And get those two guys together and figure out if it's really the pump. If it's the pump I'm out installation fee .... Which isn't right if it's a brand new pump....

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Stc fitting is brand new . For sure they told me they got one before they installed it.
And usually if the ipr valve isn't working the truck won't start.... Or it won't even make a decent amount of oil pressure. That's what I've read...

It's usually that screen that's clogged or blown through. Maybe if the screen was bearly clogged...

I think if it was the ipr the truck wouldn't be making 530 hp on the dyno.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just talked to Jared and he talked to chris. He said he was going to send him a check list to make sure its not the hpop. Jared said he had one pump go out, on one customer and he said it just went out and wouldnt start.

So hes not conviced its the hpop. Because its a variable geometry hpop. So the hpop would just go out. Ive never heard varible geometry when reffered to as a hpop, but thats what im pretty sure he said.

He basically said most of the oil side, like the lpop and stuff like that, if its out its out.

He said the pulse width could be what is causing this or the icp. Im pretty sure he said " he could be running it to high"

Besides all that Jared is a nice guy . When he's got time to talk to you lol.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I didn't hear him say displacement....but maybe he did . He said it twice, but he kind of talks fast. He said because of the variable .... the pump works or it doesn't.

I found out he was the one who tested those warren injectors the 340cc injectors. And they supposably flowed at 170cc. He's a nice guy tho he didn't bash any other companies. He just old me what injectors he tested and they flowed weak. Like swamps injectors he tested to and came up weak.

I hope he's right about the pump. He said that the only other pump that had a problem and it completely failed. So he's thinking if it wasn't working it would completley fail. Not make 530 hp.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jared even said it could be the new warren injectors . He thinks they might have not been machined right. Idk if he was just saying that or what. He wasn't Tring to bad mouth any companies. But maybe he was saying that to
Make his injectors look good.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Can't jump to a conclusion that it is the injectors..especially if its only holding 3.3V

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea that was Jared's last thought. I just think at that point he just wanted to blame something. I think because he's tested so many injectors and they came up short from other companies. I hope it's something minor.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Should I stick with the thumper ? Or should I just go back to stock?

·
JGman141
859 Posts
I'd at least give it another try

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I keep calling Jared and leaving messages and he doesn't call me back . It's been 3 days

I call his extension I leave message. I call up front and he's on the phone with someone. After I left him the message .

·
JGman141
859 Posts
If you don't do the thumper pump then you'll have two choices. Either get a twin pump set up or pull back the pw until you maintain full icp.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yea I know that's what sucks. A stock pump might be more reliable. Me and tsd talked about it. I sent it out today and will be at rivercity by Friday. I hope I get a new pump back. Or they flow test it and find the problem.
I just hope I don't have any future problems with this pump.

Dual pumps seem nice but to much work.
Isn't the purpose of the pump to retain the oil ? So if the injectors need it , it has it?

1 - 20 of 61 Posts