Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working out of town with little email access, but I need help. Here's what is going on.

The seal was out on the Turbo, I don't know how it made it home, in the 45 mile drive it dumped alot of oil, well it took 11 quarts to fill it up, and once I got it home it would not even think about starting, so I could just pull it a few feet into the garage.

Anyway, something seems to be damaged, I'm wondering IPR ? I have never replaced it, if that says anything. 165k on the clock.

It won't start when cold, like it's gelled up, but the fuel is liquid. I get blue smoke out the tailpipe, so it's getting fuel, right? It will start after alot of cranking, runs for a minute or so, stumbles and dies, then requires a lot of cranking before starting again, runs for a minute, stumbles and dies. After 5 or so times of this, it will straighten out and be good for the day, until it sits overnight. All over again.

Now, if I turn the heat up to 70f in the garage so the PSD gets good and warm, then just start it up and she runs ok. may only have to do a long re-crank once and then she will go the whole day.

I'm out of town, so the wife is stuck with this thing and I can't bear the though of the heat bill since I can't let this truck get cold? HELP!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I'm working out of town with little email access, but I need help. Here's what is going on.

The seal was out on the Turbo, I don't know how it made it home, in the 45 mile drive it dumped alot of oil, well it took 11 quarts to fill it up, and once I got it home it would not even think about starting, so I could just pull it a few feet into the garage.

Anyway, something seems to be damaged, I'm wondering IPR ? I have never replaced it, if that says anything. 165k on the clock.

It won't start when cold, like it's gelled up, but the fuel is liquid. I get blue smoke out the tailpipe, so it's getting fuel, right? It will start after alot of cranking, runs for a minute or so, stumbles and dies, then requires a lot of cranking before starting again, runs for a minute, stumbles and dies. After 5 or so times of this, it will straighten out and be good for the day, until it sits overnight. All over again.

Now, if I turn the heat up to 70f in the garage so the PSD gets good and warm, then just start it up and she runs ok. may only have to do a long re-crank once and then she will go the whole day.

I'm out of town, so the wife is stuck with this thing and I can't bear the though of the heat bill since I can't let this truck get cold? HELP!
You already asked this here Look through the answer and let us know if it helps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts