Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i installed my hids a week ago. i absolutly love them, however my passenger side will not turn on all the sudden. the bulb looks fine and i noticed that there is no buzz from the ballis. im going to call retro tomorrow but thought i would see what you guys think. if it matters i got the 55w digital 5000k kit
kyle

·
Registered
878 Posts
I'm going to say it even though I hope you have already checked all connections and your ground......I have noticed my high beams stick so I just keep them on low but otherwise freakin love em.....

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
connections look good. i have been using the same ground for the past year or so with the defuser harness when i converted to the o5 front end

·
PSN Mega Miler
6,480 Posts
Its possible something could of happened to the bulb. Nice thing with retro having a lifetime warranty though. Free bulbs :D

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i know that was the main reason with going with them. depending on how this works out i think im going to end up getting some for my fogs. would you guys do the 35w or 55w in them

·
PSN Mega Miler
6,480 Posts
Id probably do the 35watt ones for the fogs. You dont want norad tracking you down as a ufo :D

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
true ha ha ha

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
anybody have the number for these guys

·
Lost Cause
896 Posts
Just to verify, try switching the bulbs from one side to the other. That will tell you if it is a bulb or ballast issue.

35w should be plenty for the fogs. I am getting H3 mini for mine.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yeah I got the 55w in the fogs also. If I were to re-do it, they would be 35w. I must say, I really agree w/ Crowz...I would like more height difference between high and low beams from Retro. Being lifted, I have to aim them low to avoid nonstop flashes, and the high beams don't seem to make a bit of difference, aside from just scattering light more???? little disappointed there...

·
PSN Mega Miler
6,480 Posts
Figured it might get worse on a truck with a lift kit. Its only slightly anoying when not lifted.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Just to verify, try switching the bulbs from one side to the other. That will tell you if it is a bulb or ballast issue.
:whs:

·
Registered
399 Posts
i have 55w headlights and fog lights, i dont get highbeamed much with the headlights only, but headlights and fogs, i get highbeamed a lot. If you live in the country get the 55w fogs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts