Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi:
I have an e-99 f-250,4x4,r4100;was thinking of flushing and re-filling trans,and as the transfer case takes mercon v,would change it also.
My question is ,I can't find how much capacity,the transfer case holds,so I can buy the total amount for both.Would appreciate it ,if anyone knows.
Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, been looking for 5 gallon jugs of mercon v,with no luck as of yet;any suggestions? Thanks

·
Exploding the magma
581 Posts
Hi:
I have an e-99 f-250,4x4,r4100;was thinking of flushing and re-filling trans,and as the transfer case takes mercon v,would change it also.
My question is ,I can't find how much capacity,the transfer case holds,so I can buy the total amount for both.Would appreciate it ,if anyone knows.
Thanks
The transfer case holds two quarts, I have only found mercon V in quarts.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Dunno if this applies to all the t-cases, but both our BWs actually have two fill plugs. The higher plug is to allow you to fill it more (IIRC, it lets you add one more quart), supposedly for more sustained 4x4 use, or something. IIRC, it's actually mentioned in the little 4x4 supplement to the owner's manual ('least it was in '95...).

·
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"
2,054 Posts
I wanna say 3 quarts when I did mine this winter. If you are looking for a 5 gallon bucket I just picked up one of the shaeffers all trans 204sat for $157. Its mercon and mercon v compatible and full synthetic.Pretty much the best fluid you can buy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts