Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tries to stall when put in gear cold
Ihave checked the icp (550 ish @ idle) when I put the truck in reverse to get out of the driveway it pull the motor down to 450 or so and feels like it want to stall and has a few times. I changed the ipr since i had one here and have unpluged the icp with no change . I had changed the icp out a few months ago . could the new icp sensor be acting up? .when i rev it cold it will act the same wiht the idle going to low.or ?? or could it be the convertor or trans?? no codes with AE.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I assume if my AE is reading the psi that the sensor is working correctly? i see no changes runing wose when I unplug it.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok did some more testing .when it tries to stall the icp does raise ( from 550 to 700) so I am sure the hpop system is ok. so now i am thiking either the convert or something in the trans is messing up?

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so far I have swapped out
the acel ped assembly &
computer with no changes.
the check ball was removed from the return line dropping the back pressure from 30 to 10 psi.( per brian @ BTS)

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone??
I find when I am going down the road and put it in neutral the rpms drop to 500 and come back up. but no codes.

·
Registered
247 Posts
fuel pressure low at idle?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Have the transmission checked out..... When they start to fail, it can cause the exact symptoms you have.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea I think it is the converter, or solenoid pack Trans temps are ok . wants to stall when cold and just pulls idle down after that when coming to a stop.intill it gets warm.
Fuel psi is 60
Have swapped out the PCM
IDM
IPR
Ipc
Tps

with no change

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just for kicks I swapped out the cps no change
I can hear the motor loading up like when you would be letting out the clutch on a manual. So and the icp comes up so I know the motor is trying to compensate.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts