Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Bought the level 3 license for my Spartan and tried to load up the 275 tune yesterday. It said on the screen "Invalid Tune" so then I went to load the 310 Mild tune and that loaded fine. Truck runs like a rocket on the 310 but I think it's a little much for everyday driving. I want to try the 275 and see how that is, but it won't let me load it.

What am I doing wrong, or what is the tuner doing wrong?

Thanks.

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
That doesnt make sense, because the 310 is a level 3 and the 275 is only a level 2 tune. I would say something happened when you put the tunes on the DD or something and the file is corupt or something. I would try and erase the tunes off the memory card and reload them and see what that does. Have you tried to load the 275 since you loaded the 310

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That doesnt make sense, because the 310 is a level 3 and the 275 is only a level 2 tune. I would say something happened when you put the tunes on the DD or something and the file is corupt or something. I would try and erase the tunes off the memory card and reload them and see what that does. Have you tried to load the 275 since you loaded the 310
It's loading right now. Maybe it was just in a bad mood yesterday or needed a level 3 tune loaded before it'd let a level 2 load. I'll let ya know how it goes.

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
i notice some tunes have a -1 or -2 for the different job tranny strategy. i know its not supposed to load a job 1 into a job 2 or vise versa...
for some reason my truck allows it to happen but it is an easy fix.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well everything went successfully this time around. Now I just gotta find someplace that I can get away with doing a 70mph run to learn the tranny..

That is still necessary right? Not sure since my truck is new and not a Job1 2008 truck.

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
They say its supposed to relearn, My relearn process is a normal drive, if i want to pound on it i do a couple 3/4 throttle passes before i pound on it hard.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya I've just been driving it. The 275 seems to be a nice overall tune... It's driveable in town and stuff without blowing smoke everywhere and even though its quite a bit more power when u hammer it, the overall manners of it seem to be better than the 250 tune.

·
GOT WOOD!!!!
648 Posts
Does the 250 tune smoke at all? What about the lower tunes is there any smoke there?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
250 only smokes when you hammer on it until the turbo catches up.

The 210 and down run very clean as far as I can tell from the little that I've ran them.

310-- NICE black cloud!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts