Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Still a kid to some ppl
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing i can do about it but my truck is parked under a pine tree... paint has sap dripping all over and windsheild has it all over too... how can i remove this stuff and mabye prevent it from sticking again or am i pretty much doomed... i also bought new wiper blades and some windex bug and tree sap remover and poured that in and it dont do crap... waste of $2a jug

·
Registered
217 Posts
Veggie oil will take it right off... Now I have only done this because of sap on my hands, never on my truck - Don't think the oil would harm your paint but I make no promises!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
i use SMOOTH LOTION (PUMICE FREE) hand cleaner. apply and let sit for a few min and wipe it off. do not let it sit in direct sunlight.

·
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!
18,855 Posts
in my experience, having a coat of wax makes it a little easier to get off. and when actually getting it off, i usually do a regular hand wash & hand dry & then use a clay bar. the clay bar only really works well after you wash & dry the paint and if you have waxed it recently though AND if the paint is cool & dry lol

lot of 'if's lol

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Easiest way on glass is a clean new stright razor blade. Especially if its dried sap but jt works on fresh dap too. Sometimes it's easy to get dried sap off of the paint too because it kinda chips off before you ever touch the clear coat with the blade

·
Registered
3 Posts
Commercial "bug and Sap" remover has mineral spirits with some perfume. i use pure mineral spirits on a rag. You have to soak the sap a bit but it will come off without damage. Right after, I replace the wax. For the windshield, I agree with dsberman94

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
My dad bought an old falcon that was covered BAD! The guy gave him a container of this chit. It smells like the orange stuff you clean your hands with. That and a lot of elbow grease and you can't tell at all. I'll ask him what it is but by the sounds of it there's a couple choices already. Also cut the tree down haha.

·
Big dumb redneck
4,200 Posts
I have an old can of Prestone bug and tar remover...chit works great! Spray it on, let it sit for a couple minutes, then rub it off. Not sure if they even make it anymore, so I use that can sparingly! Some good options listed above as well.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Car cover would really protect your paint from any tree sap, bird poo and dust. Just make sure that is clean before installing the cover.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts