Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one have advice on them i have heard pretty good things as far as reviews and lasting long miles i was looking at 285/75/16s.

·
FNG
6,018 Posts
Depends on your state. Its against the law in alot of them to run recaps on passenger vehicles. IIRC its against the law in all states to run them on steer tires regardless of the type of vehicle

·
Registered
486 Posts
lots of guys running them with good results, the feedback left on alot of different forums speak for themselves, I just got my 305/70r/16s from treadwright monday, {ORDERED THEM THURSDAY!!!} and waiting for some lift parts to slap them on, but man, they look good sitting in the shop!!!!LOL

·
Registered
80 Posts
i had a set on a lifted cherokee. i had zero problems out of them and seriously people coudlnt even tell they were retreads. im going to be ording tires for the powerstroke next month and im going to go with them agian.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
536.00 shipped to my door for 265s doesnt sound bad at all thats why i am thinking it through

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And yours are 285s if im correct? ill have to check out that site. Thanks.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I'm running the 285's in the bfg at pattern right now love them they took no weights to balance them and the sidewalls match the treads. My tire guy didn't believe they were retreads and went back out to look at them.

you can have retreads on the drive axles in every state (semi's all do) iirc and some allow on the steer. just check your DOR.

I paid $506 shipped to my front door for all 4 it took 3 days and they were special order 10ply

·
Registered
329 Posts
I am on my third set of Treadwrights.... I started back when they were called High-tec retreading... I love them.. like99-350 said, little to no weight to balance.. I have ran the OTR tread in 285, and 305, now I run one of their highway tread in 265. I have averaged around 60k per set. I have the original spare I bought from them in 285 and has been on the road once. I have had one flat in 140kish miles. I am positive that I am the reason that I had the flat, Pretty sure CC 350's are not ment for rock climbing! I threw a tread lug going 70. the tire leaked down slowly. nothing erratic. I called them, took some pics with my phone, they replaced it for free. I spent the night in the hotel (I threw a serpintine belt about 2 miles later) did my repairs and went the rest of my 3 day trip, the replacement tire was on my porch when I got home...... Cant justify any other tire for my truck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts