Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2006 6.0 cc lariat 4x4
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is a good reliable aftermarket transmission, stage 1?
I've seen bds transmission for under 4k, monster transmission, Warren transmission!
Want something that can handle 600hp, still be able to tow and only have to do it once!
Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
What is a good reliable aftermarket transmission, stage 1?
I've seen bds transmission for under 4k, monster transmission, Warren transmission!
Want something that can handle 600hp, still be able to tow and only have to do it once!
Thanks
I have a 2002 Ford F250 7.3, 4x4, Crew Cab, Long Bed, with the 4R100 automatic transmission. I just made the trip July 2021 to Brian's Truck Shop in Lead Hill Arkansas to have Brian and his crew rebuild my transmission. He custom built the transmission to meet my towing needs. I pull a 5th Wheel in Colorado so I needed the transmission to be able to help slow us down on steep downhill grades. I wish I would have had this job completed years earlier. The transmission is better than new. It shifts so smoothly thru all gears. I highly recommend Brian's Truck Shop. You have to call to get put on the schedule. I had to wait almost 6 months for my appointment date. It was well worth the wait!

·
Registered
2006 6.0 cc lariat 4x4
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the information. Right now it's setting but think Andy Warren is the closest to me and from what I can tell has been a big ps guy for years and has a good warranty and stage 1 with billet input shaft more clutches in the packs then other builders 5250.00 installed sounds like a good deal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts