Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day when I was driving, I came out of my neighborhood going up hill. I was stepped on the gas a little bit to make it up the hill and it slipped and gave out. Luckily I was down the street so i reversed home and checked the fluid, it was somewhat low, considering I live on a small slant. After filling it up and letting it run for a few minutes I tried again in Drive and it just revved the engine. I tried 1st gear and it did the same, then 2nd worked. I drove it around my block and shifted it into Drive after getting to about 2k Rpm and it shifted right into 3rd and then into 4th like nothing was wrong. Coming to a stop it automatically shifted into 1st and again it just revved so I just drove it home in 2nd. Any ideas on what happen? And I recently had my rear drive shaft re-balanced.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Tranny issues suck. Big bump for you. Hope this gets moved to the tranny forum. Marl Kovalsky will tell you about it quick. He lives down there.

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,062 Posts
Something mechanical broke inside the trans. It needs to come out and get rebuilt or replaced.

·
F250 Black Cloud Edition
690 Posts
Kinda the same thing that just happend to me at the track Thursday. I think this may be the 3rd pass ive made on this rebuild. I did everything Alto Red clutch, except for the overdrive clutches which are kryptonites, i made 2 passes thurs. First was fine. Shifting tunes need tweeked. But thats not the problem. Second pass, boosted to about 15psi. Green light and she just started reving and a slow roll, got dropped the chip back to 1, slowely got into it, shifted threw, limped it back to where we were parked, tranny fluid smells like clutch, Drove it home works fine under light throttle. I turned the corner before i got home. Turned the chip to Tow setting, gave it some throttle, kinda slipped and caught slipped and caught then i let off. Its been sitting since. If i smoked the clutches, can i just throw new ones in there. This tranny doesnt have that many miles on it. I thought Altos were supposed to be the best. Hell, my stock tranny took more abuse. Ive been fairly easy on this one.

·
Registered
741 Posts
My guess is that there was too much junk in the lines when you put in the new stuff and it ruined your new tranny. When you change out your next tranny and TC, add an external tranny filter from Summit Racing. That $35 dollar item will save your ass, unless your rebuild is crap from the start.

·
F250 Black Cloud Edition
690 Posts
Everything got flushed good. Its got about 10000 miles on it before this happened. Just gotta make time without my truck now for them to rebuild it again. :doh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts