Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope to be hitting the 400-450 hp range very soon with my 2000 7.3 an im going to rebuild my trans. any sugestions on upgrades to 4r100 what shift kits an rebuild kits will hold up to this power? an whats the best kind of torque converter for the money? I drive my truck hard so I need something that will take abuse!!! :evil
thanks

·
powerstroke Newb
142 Posts
I would go with changing the input and output shafts to titanium, and I hear sun coast has good strong rebuild kits for good price I drive my 7.3 hard too most of the time ;-)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
kenny
35 Posts

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
A better input shaft can help and is easy to change.
just because it is billet doesnt mean it is best...there are different billet materials.

Pi stallion is the best but costly. There are other options for far less for. The 400-450 range.

I would ask obswiz..racerx and maybe vall woods or bts and see if you can get some parts.

I wouls go for a better input shaft, a modded 6.0 tc and a bts or woods valve body.

·
powerstroke Newb
142 Posts
A better input shaft can help and is easy to change.
just because it is billet doesnt mean it is best...there are different billet materials.

Pi stallion is the best but costly. There are other options for far less for. The 400-450 range.

I would ask obswiz..racerx and maybe vall woods or bts and see if you can get some parts.

I wouls go for a better input shaft, a modded 6.0 tc and a bts or woods valve body.
Agree with southern mike value body is a must to me to change out. I would just do the shafts to rather be safe then sorry

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am for sure doing the 6.0 cooler but y the bts valve body cant i jus do the same thing with my old valve body for cheaper?? as I don't have the 4500 for a brand new trans. I plan on buy a complete kit an redoing the trans myself. I was looking for more of what brand kits are the best for my power range? I have used transgo in the past but only for my gas trucks. didn't know if they would hold up to the diesel torque?

·
Registered
633 Posts
If your confident in your ability then a transgo tugger kit is a good idea. It has pump mods, valve body mods and upgrades for the snap ring that are prone to fail. I believe you can buy custom machined hard parts from john woods.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok an ya I am familiar with the tugger kit that is the one I put in my bronco e4od with upgrades to make it a 4r100 trans I realy liked it jus wasn't sure about it because of how much more truck my powerstroke is. thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts