Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got a 2007 250 with 116,000 miles on it no tuning or anything. Everytime i start my truck up it goes into drive but has trouble shifting, acting like it wont. once the truck gets warmed up its fine but its a problem when its first started. truck also idles funny sometimes but not usually and longer to start sometimes. maybe FICM? i dont know

·
Strokin all day
1,084 Posts
Any more info? Tuned, not tuned? Is it just slipping bad, slamming gears? How's the trans fluid look? Honestly I'd take it to a good trans shop.

Could be solonoids, the tcm or the torque converter. It's weird that it shifts fine when warm but not cold.

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,088 Posts
How could it be the torque converter? What does that have to do with shifting?

This is actually a common issue with the 6.0L. The problem is that the engine isn't making the right power when cold. Once it warms up it's fine. The transmission was programmed to have the proper power at all temperatures. It's going to shift very late, if at all, if the engine is significantly down on power when cold.

I don't know enough about what causes that to tell you how to fix the engine. But I can tell you that you'll waste a lot of money if you try to fix the transmission. There's nothing wrong with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts