Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a truck that is a "heavy Duty" model, 8 Lug with a 12' Bed.

When I purchased the truck, previous owner said Tranny had been rebuilt(but it felt week when I bought it)

I have a 10k Bed on it, and the weight has just COOKED this tranny.. I feel like I need to go to like 4:88 gear ratio, I believe Im at 410.

I should probably have the tranny rebuilt with a inter cooler..

Does anyone have some recommendations to keep my budget low?
I havent rebuilt a transmission before, and i'm not sure I want to do this. I might just want to sell it, I have too many trucks right now.
Good engine, 98k miles, new injectors, T500 HPOP, Turbo Upgrades, Up-pipe upgrades.. I know If i sell it im going to loose a lot that I put in it lol

Thanks..

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Low budget and good do not go together.

Also those that have tried to rebuild a transmission usually have problems with it withing 6 months or so, this is something that needs to be farmed out if you don't know what you are doing.

All I can say if you want one to last check out John Woods Transmission if you are on the west coast and BTS if on the east.

Other than that if I was to going to have a local shop do it I would check to see if there is a ARTA certified shop in my area.

·
Super Moderator
8,067 Posts
I would recommend diesel site for the trans and upgrade to a 6.0 trans cooler.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I purchased a truck that is a "heavy Duty" model, 8 Lug with a 12' Bed.

When I purchased the truck, previous owner said Tranny had been rebuilt(but it felt week when I bought it)

I have a 10k Bed on it, and the weight has just COOKED this tranny.. I feel like I need to go to like 4:88 gear ratio, I believe Im at 410.

I should probably have the tranny rebuilt with a inter cooler..

Does anyone have some recommendations to keep my budget low?

I havent rebuilt a transmission before, and i'm not sure I want to do this. I might just want to sell it, I have too many trucks right now.

Good engine, 98k miles, new injectors, T500 HPOP, Turbo Upgrades, Up-pipe upgrades.. I know If i sell it im going to loose a lot that I put in it lol

Thanks..

Where are you located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts