Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a Jasper class 1 tranny with a triple disc tc, suppose to be good for around 600 hp.My problem with it is that when I take off really hard there is a pause between shifts from 1st to 2nd and the rpms go way up and when it finally does shift it slams in to gear and sometimes breaks the tires loose. I know it can't be good for the tranny to shift that hard at that high of rpms, my question is can that be fixed with tuning or do I need to go with some new valve bodies? I was thinkin maybe a BTS valve body.

·
Registered
292 Posts
i have the same problem with my trans but i am running a stock trans with 135xxx miles on it. The shifting really bugs me and im wondering if the it is tearing up or this is a tunning problem. I have a bts valve body that i need to put on that i was told should help but idk?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've done some looking around what about Bts valve body and a shifts kit. I would like some really firm shifts I hate how it just slides into gear.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't a shift kit up the pressure for harder ####s, or would the bts valve body do that and the #### kit would be pointless

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok thanks for the info, ill probably get the bts valve body, I hope it fixes it.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
got a jasper I will NEVER get a nother one. 1 st one had the converter go about 30.000 mile this one (under warrenty) shifts like a jaskass some times to hars sometme glike a stocker some time like it should. when I ordered it I told them i was pullinf 14.000 lbs and what mods i had / I was told No problem . since this one started acting up while i still had warrenty on it I could never get anything done about it my installer kept giving me the runaround . well next one will be BTS at leats from what i read he will stand behind his stuff. I just wish he was closer,

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I wouldn't buy a BTS VB unless I was out of warranty. They can deny the warranty if they find it in there.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
well next one will be BTS at leats from what i read he will stand behind his stuff. I just wish he was closer,
He or his dealers can send it to you. When you get it, have someone you know install it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts