Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know most people go with the Suncoast option.......Id like to aswell but Im still exploring my options and wondering what thoughts are out there on a BTS tranny in a 6.4?

Are there any programming issues that I should pay attention to/ask about?

Im wondering if its just as simple as putting a Suncoast in........Im not worried about the quality or reputation of BTS Im just wondering if it would work or not with the 6.4 and spartan tuning etc..

I would like to go with BTS since his shop is only about 5 hours from me and if something was to happen it wouldnt be too big of a deal for me to just trailer it over and have it fixed under his warranty. Im pretty sure his complete setup is about $1500-2000 cheaper installed.

thanks

·
Registered
475 Posts
BTS built great 4R100's for years, so if the there 5R110 is anything like that you should be good. The Suncoast has been a great drop in unit for many, but we build our trannys inhouse using Suncoast parts. There are many different levels to build these trannys, including converter stall speed,billet shaft(s),hub and drum assembles, etc. Suncoast is working with two heavy hitters in the 6.4 market(Matt at Spartan and Aaron @ Rudys, who holds the fastest powerstoke/1000+hp 6.4). Suncoast has proven themselves time and time again, and are constantly moving forward with cutting edge products for the trannys.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys.........I think Im gonna give the go ahead on a full Suncoast......Im just waiting to see how a couple things are going to pan out.

·
Fierro Racing
1,509 Posts
go with a suncoast .. dont be like me :doh:

·
WWDD
10,528 Posts
thanks guys.........I think Im gonna give the go ahead on a full Suncoast......Im just waiting to see how a couple things are going to pan out.
you might consider a full elite trans, its got a suncoast converter, and alot of suncoast parts, but tadd puts his little touches on it to make it that much better.

·
Diesel Addict
1,565 Posts
you might consider a full elite trans, its got a suncoast converter, and alot of suncoast parts, but tadd puts his little touches on it to make it that much better.
Do you know how much one of there transmissions run dustin?

·
WWDD
10,528 Posts
do you know what is warrantee is?
Pretty sure its the same as suncoast.
Do you know how much one of there transmissions run dustin?
It all depends, if you want the billet input, intermediate ect and the OD planet its going to be alot more than your standard trans, IM sure once all the parts are finalized tadd will post prices but for now its a build as needed type deal.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Me 3.

·
Registered
236 Posts
How much will the Suncoast TC help over stock on the 310tune with no other tranny mods or tcm?

·
Registered
52 Posts

·
WWDD
10,528 Posts
How much will the Suncoast TC help over stock on the 310tune with no other tranny mods or tcm?
I will put it this way, i havent seen any converter failures from a 6.4 most trans failures come from the OD clutches or the direct clutches.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts