Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1995 F-350, cab and chassis (dump body) dually, 4x4 with an auto transmission. I have had many issues with this transmission and solved most of them through changing sensors and such. I have replaced the following parts over the last year or so:
VSS sensor and pigtail
MLPS (TR) sensor
MAP sensor
Rebuilt PSOM
Complete trans wiring harness (came out of a 97 gas F-250)

My issue is hard shifting when going into second from first at around 3k rpm’s, and that’s only after you let off the throttle. Then trans jumps to 4th gear and feels like no torque converter lock up. I have a scanner capable of reading quite a few live data points. I am finding the solenoids for the torque converter are not working, but I do have +12v at the solenoid connector two red wires. My question is where do I go next? I have a hard code of P1748, which says is a EPC solenoid failure but I’m not sure how I test this solenoid. Additionally, I was curious could the gas truck trans wiring harness cause issues? Any help greatly appreciated, sorry for the long winded initial post.

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,275 Posts
The wiring harness is not the problem. P1748 only sets with a bad solenoid, not a bad harness. Testing the solenoid isn't necessary. Replace it, it's stuck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts