Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Here we go again. I just finished towing a 5th Wheel to Wyoming (Jackson Hole)
Everything went fine, no issues at all. (It never got about 160 degrees towing) Let the truck cool down and get about a 1/2 hour break then backed the trailer in.
Went to pull forward and no forward gears!!!
But I still have reverse?!?!?!?!

Anyone know if there is anyway it might be something other than a new transmission time? I'm stuck here and don't have money or a way to get anywhere else now.
I don't even have a job to take out a loan to buy a new transmission.

Anyone around Eastern Idaho or Western Wyoming that can help me out? I'm working on getting a loan (from my parents, ouch).

Please someone give me some good news. I highly doubt there is any but I have to have some hope, or I'm living here on the streets.

Call or text me at 623-262-3328
Kenneth

Thanks

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
I know it's a stupid question, but have you checked the fluid?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, should have included that in the first post. Not burned at all, and full. Trans was working great until I backed the trailer in.

·
<-- GO BRONCOS
965 Posts
Is the OD light flashing? Any codes?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The OD light works normally. The SEL light didn't come one, but I dont' have any way to check for codes. Wish I did.

·
<-- GO BRONCOS
965 Posts
If the transmission set any codes the OD light would flash. That is why I asked.

I would call Wide Open Performance. They are out of Utah and could possibly help with your trans problem. 801-233-1111

BTW, how are you running Stage 2 injectors without a chip?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am chipped, but it ran really good without it too. I'm running a DP-tuner now, but have issues with it once in a while. Still working over the truck. I've only had it for 2 months and put over $3000 into it already.

I'll try calling Wide Open Performance, do they specifically deal with the powerstroke?

·
<-- GO BRONCOS
965 Posts
WOP knows a thing or two about PSDs, they had the quickest PSD in the country for a year or two.

Hopefully they can help you.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I tried to call them but I got one guy saying they really didn't want to help and they were completely swamped and closing up for the weekend.
Oh, well. I guess I'm staying in Jackson for a few days.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Did you try manually selecting another gear like 2nd, to see if she'd move? If you can get her rolling in second then shift it into OD.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Did you back up a hill. Really hard on our trannys with a load on. Try letting her get good and cool. Might work just fine in the morning.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wouldn't call it backing up a hill, just in some soft dirt/mud.

I have tried letting it cool down and manually selecting gears, 4x4 high, low and everything I can think of. Nothing seems to work.
It's cold up here and the trans and engine cooled down in about 2 hours.
Of course I'll try it again tomorrow after it warms up a little outside, but I don't expect any difference.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I was hesitant to post because I'm not sure if this is what your plans are but I am a three hour drive from Jackson down near the idaho/utah border. I have a bts transmission that I have in my project truck that I've contemplated selling. Its just a spare. I got it through wide open performance and BTS. If your interested I could help you install it in your truck up there if it was something that you wanted. I may be interested in a partial trade. I'll check back to see if you post. Where are you trying to get to?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I just remembered your truck is a 2001 right with the 4r100 trans. This trans I got is an e40d so there may be some slight differences. It was on my 1995. Only has around 1000 highway miles. Never got it finished to play in truck pulls. Probably won't work for you.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
too bad it wasn't a 4r100. I would love to have a bts trans in the truck. I'm really not sure if the E4od would work in it's place anyway. I'm trying to get back to western Utah. I'd even pay someone with a trailer to come pick me up and take me home at this point. I have all the tools I need to do the job myself and a shop to work in, but I can't get there right now.
I'd rather pay someone to tow me or help me put one in here than pay a local shop that doesn't care.

They said they can't even look at the truck until Tuesday!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just remembered your truck is a 2001 right with the 4r100 trans. This trans I got is an e40d so there may be some slight differences. It was on my 1995. Only has around 1000 highway miles. Never got it finished to play in truck pulls. Probably won't work for you.
Any Chance you have a trailer and could make a trip to help me take the truck to Hinckley Utah?
I guess another option would be to pay someone to pick up a transmission from where ever they could and bring some tools and a jack to to the truck where it sits.

I'm open to any suggestions!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm looking into gettin the truck home where my tools and shop are. Then I'll see if I can get a transmission from BTS. I don't want another Ford trans in it if I can help it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'd even pay someone with a trailer to come pick me up and take me home at this point...
I'd rather pay someone to tow me or help me put one in here than pay a local shop that doesn't care.
I may be able to tow you back to your place in Utah. I would have to check out the car hauler to see if the tires and stuff are in order. I figured the mileage and the gallons of diesel I would need to cover all my cost and it would be around $240 for the diesel. Plus whatever we could agree on to make it worth my while. 15 hours of drive time is what I figure it would take me. if you could switch with me, I'm a good night driver with a lot of experiance. I'm looking for a little extra cash to do some truck upgrades. I have a birthday party to get to tomorrow at 4 pm so if I left here a no later than 9pm tonight (saturday night).

I'll check back here frequently to see if you post. Drop me your phone number. You can Private Message me too. I've been stuck on the road like you before its not fun. However I know this has the can of worms smell test all over it but I'd be glad try and help a fellow Powerstroke guy.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Anyone ever seen a f-250 crew cab on a car dolly? I know it doesn't sound like a good idea but I'm so screwed right now I need to do something and I'm getting desperate.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Ugly mind pic. If you do it. Make sure and pull the drive shaft out.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts