Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a zf5 right now behind my 12v i swapped in to 95 f250. Now i would like to swap a zf6 in their. I have been told that zf6 will bolt to my stock transfercase, will work with my 94 zf5 slave cylinder and works with my dodge clutch and flywheel( that what i'm using in the zf5). do u guys know if these things are true? lastly all i was told I needed to buy is the zf6 and a adapter plate to make the swap happen.

·
Registered
52 Posts
i'm pretty sure their longer just fyi

·
Registered
74 Posts
I did the same thing in my truck. You will need a different adapter plate. The t-case won't work because the zf5 has a 31 spline output, and the zf6 had a 24 spline output. I used the 95 master cylinder and hooked the zf6 slave cylinder up to the end. It has been working fine. ZF6 uses the bigger 13" clutch and I think it has a different size pilot bearing, but I'm not sure on that because I ended up putting a SBDD clutch in when I did the swap. Hope this helps some.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanx man, it does help

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do u have any pics of the zf6 swapped into your truck? i wouldnt mind seeing them if u do

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've got some pics somewhere. I'll try to get them rounded up and post them.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanx in advance

·
Registered
74 Posts
Here's the only pics I have. I'm not sure if they'll help much. My truck is a 2wd, but I bought a 4x4 tranny so I could use the us gear od. I also used a sbdd clutch. This is a fordcummins adapter plate. I'm running the destroked plate now.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
why not call up destroked or fordcummins or even beans diesel and see what they say considering they deal with a lot of cummins swaps.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i called up beans and have decided to pass on the zf6. the top gear is just about the same in both tranny's

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
also iirc the nv5600 aint that different ratio wise really the only difference is the gear pattern if i remember right, i aint totally sure its been a good while since i been around one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts