Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at either a 6.0 cooler or a tru-cool option for my 95 F350...in central Texas my tranny is running at 180 - 215 degrees without towing...so looking to add a better cooler and probably a bigger pan. Does anyone make a complete kit for a 95' or am I stuck buying the hardware and hoses as needed after I get the kit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Put in a Tru-Cool max 40K on Tuesday...made an immediate impact...on a 100 deg Central Texas day it maxed out at 150 deg when it was running at 215 deg before...fairly easy install took me 2 hours and I go slow...mounted right where the old one was.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the trans ran a lot cooler but ended up crapping out a few weeks back, had trouble upshifting...manual mode was fine...no codes...pulled black oil out of it....Took it to a trusted Transmission shop in the Austin Area (Eagle Transmission - Highly recommend)...The dropped the pan and it was filled with metal and fiber shavings. A total mess...It was supposedly rebuilt at 185K miles (had 216K when it failed) with "heavy duty" parts....It wasn't and they charged the guy $5K for the rebuild..

Eagle put a 3 clutch TC, all new steel valves, solenoid pac, etc...for only $3500 with a 3 year 36K mile warranty...runs and shifts good now....The tranny must have been going out already from the heat before I put the cooler in and finally just had enough...I least I know now it is done right and should last.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts