Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my transmission is slipping so i am looking into transmissions now. I work at a truck shop so i can get a jasper for cheap, they have new triple disk converters and extra clutch packs. valve body not sure. i was also looking at the ats stage 1 for a hair of 4k for basically the same??? i know they have triple disk converters in them extra disks and a little done to the valve body with a new trans pan. i have the usual mods so far but getting into it pretty heavy after a new tranny is in. So would it even be worth my wile to get the ats??

·
Registered
33 Posts
i didnt have the cash forr a bts so went with suncost and bts/percision converter... very haappy with it so far total of $3000.... kinda wish i would have waited a wile and bought a bts

·
Registered
698 Posts
I own an ATS with 110K on it. I'll be buying a BTS in the entirely too near future. Between product and warranty, BTS cannot be beat. AVOID ATS!!!

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Bts , woods , or possible diesel innovations can get a decent tranny.
Racerx has been decent as a few others.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I also have to say BTS. I have had this tranny hooked to about four or five 7.3 motors and Bean even hooked it to a Cummins at one time. The only problem I have had with my BTS is my pump went out. This was before Brian had his own pump built for the E40D and the 4R100. Since the new pump I, have had NO PROBLEMS!

When you get a BTS you not only get the best tranny out there for a Ford, you get GREAT customer service!

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
BTS or JOHN WOOD would be the two I would consider.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok thanks alot ya'll it sounds like the bts is a great choice for me. it is high on the list now. just couldn't get over the money thing but i'll deal with it lol

·
Registered
533 Posts
Don't buy Jasper, unless you enjoy doing the job multiple times. Last 4R100 I got from there took 4 of them before, I got one that lasted over 10 miles.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
When my tranny goes out a BTS is going in

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have a John Wood Tow Master and it Rocks. No problems what so ever and his customer service is 2nd to none.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
When you get a BTS you not only get the best tranny out there for a Ford, you get GREAT customer service!
And he has a reputation for fixing it AFTER his 2 yr warranty is up, no questions asked. I suppose he might not be happy if you drive it over a cliff or shoot it but that is another story. No screwing you on power adders or what not. Best of all, you pay shipping and no rebuild fee.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
The guy that owns Farmer's Repair in Whitewater Ks said the most retarded thing I have ever heard. The guy has absolutely no clue what he's talking about. He said "I make a much better transmission than BTS. Actually once you get past 450 hp you need to steer away from a triple disc converter. I use Suncoast parts and they are much better than what BTS uses." Then later he said, "We do tuning changes so you'll need to tell the tuner not to make an trans changes...... Well Cale doesn't do the right things to the trans tuning to keep it alive. He doesn't know what he's doing like we do."

What an idiot. I said, "You wanna make a $5,500 bet?" CLICK! Lol!

·
< pissed off pumkin.
1,880 Posts
Some people just dont get it !! Brians reputation speaks for its self, I have heard stories about the things he would do to make something right. If I need a new trans its gonna be a BTS ! Just hope I have the money when it happens, LOl.

Dan.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
LOL
The guy that owns Farmer's Repair in Whitewater Ks said the most retarded thing I have ever heard. The guy has absolutely no clue what he's talking about. He said "I make a much better transmission than BTS. Actually once you get past 450 hp you need to steer away from a triple disc converter. I use Suncoast parts and they are much better than what BTS uses." Then later he said, "We do tuning changes so you'll need to tell the tuner not to make an trans changes...... Well Cale doesn't do the right things to the trans tuning to keep it alive. He doesn't know what he's doing like we do."

What an idiot. I said, "You wanna make a $5,500 bet?" CLICK! Lol!
LOL

Ask maddog what he used to run
Before being sponsored

1 - 20 of 21 Posts