Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I found out that my transfer case on my e99 7.3 auto is not engaging when i flip the switch from 2hi to 4hi or 4low. We checked the fuse, relay, connector, and even took the switch out of my buddies truck(which we know works)and swapped into mine. So i figure its the shift motor. Being that i would rather have the manual floor shift t-case, thats what im gonna swap in. I know that i already have the hole in the trans hump. Just have to pull the carpet up, remove the plate, and cut the hole in the carpet. What i need is a parts list. I know i need of course, the t-case(nv271), shift lever and knob, shifter boots. But what other parts? I think i remember reading that i needed some bracket off the transmission and some large nut or bolt. What else do i need?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody? Is this the right section or should it be in the transmission or drivetrain section?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Anybody? Is this the right section or should it be in the transmission or drivetrain section?
Youve got it. The shifter pivot mount is bolted to the trans. Get that piece, which most would consider part of the shifter, and you should have what you need.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Im about to start hunting for the parts.should be pretty simple to swap out. And give me some peice of mind that when i need 4x4 i will have it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts