Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, the wiring to the 6 pin plug on the transfer case on my 2002 F250 has been cut. It should be as simple as splicing the wires back together, of course. That is, unless Ford decided to use 2 of the same color coded wires on your truck. The schematic I found shows 2 Violet/yellow wires, one to pin 4 (Digital Transmission Range Sensor, left side of transmission) and one to pin 5 (Contact plate A, or SW A Input). Can anyone help me trace or identify those two wires? If I knew what the Digital Transmission Range Sensor did when it senses Neutral that might help. Does it complete a ground, or does it send voltage when it closes? If I knew that maybe I could test both wires and see if one grounded when in neutral. From what I think I saw when I tested, all wires but one have voltage with truck running and in Drive, so my guess was that the one showing no voltage is the Neutral Safety Switch. But I don't want to chance sending voltage where it doesn't need to go. Ill attach my schematic to help explain.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
It looks like the wire that belongs on pin 4 at the T Case, should have continuity with pin 7 at the range sensor, if you can unplug it and locate pin 7 in the plug, should be able to locate the correct wire. If I'm reading the schematic correctly.

Disclaimer: I'm not intimately familiar with the super duty system, that's just how I would attack the problem with the information available. Good luck!

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It looks like the wire that belongs on pin 4 at the T Case, should have continuity with pin 7 at the range sensor, if you can unplug it and locate pin 7 in the plug, should be able to locate the correct wire. If I'm reading the schematic correctly.

Disclaimer: I'm not intimately familiar with the super duty system, that's just how I would attack the problem with the information available. Good luck!

That makes sense! Now I've just got to figure what that is, and where its located... :) Thank you!

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
That makes sense! Now I've just got to figure what that is, and where its located... :) Thank you!
Transmission, driver side, where the shift cable attaches.
Unplugging is ok, but if you remove it you'll have to recalibrate it, so I wouldn't remove it for this.

Should look like this

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Transmission, driver side, where the shift cable attaches.
Unplugging is ok, but if you remove it you'll have to recalibrate it, so I wouldn't remove it for this.

Should look like this

Found it, probably while you were posting, thanks! One tested as .2 Ohms and the other as -.9 M Ohms so Im guessing the first one is it. Thank you for your help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts