Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody got the part number for the gasket between the transfer case and 5-speed transmission?

tia!

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thx ...looks like I've got a BW1356 and there must not be a gasket required between the tranny and xfer case

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
The Auto has a gasket there and I bet the manual does too. I think I have one still in the package in the garage. I will try and remember to look for it and post a part number. PM if I forget.

Tom

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I had pulled the transmission/transfer case off all together as a unit, but had difficulty getting everything to stay balanced on my transmission jack. So putting it back together I was thinking about pulling the xfer case off, it'd be easier to get the transmission lined up. It'll be a week or so before I'll be ready to put the transmission back on.

·
Registered
211 Posts
The Auto has a gasket there and I bet the manual does too. I think I have one still in the package in the garage. I will try and remember to look for it and post a part number. PM if I forget.

Tom
Tom,

Any chance you still have the part number for this gasket laying around?

Thanks,
Shawn

·
STILL LEARNING
18,328 Posts
Any trans shop will have a pile of them.

And i applaude you for doing it right and NOT using RTV

·
Registered
211 Posts
Thanks Brad. I'm so used to having the brown delivery truck bring me my parts, I rarely venture out local for this kind of stuff anymore. With our 10% sales tax you can't blame me though.

Shawn

1 - 8 of 8 Posts