Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
BRING DA AMBALAMPS
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious...what are some upgrades I can do besides a full rebuild to handle extra power. something to hold my 5r110 over until I can afford a full build. I don't know chit about transmissions so any suggestions would be great!

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
jw or bts valve body is a must have. Maybe a new twin disc conv unless you are racing, pulling or otherwise beatin on it. I put on an external spin on filter. At the very least it will save the cooler if the trans grenades.

·
Registered
772 Posts
what kind of shape is it in now? is it slipping at all?

·
BRING DA AMBALAMPS
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nope....works and shifts perfectly. just looking for some small things that will help it last a little longer until I need a full build. Valve body, shift kit, etc??

·
Registered
745 Posts
nope....works and shifts perfectly. just looking for some small things that will help it last a little longer until I need a full build. Valve body, shift kit, etc??
Youre trans has none of that. 5r110 is a diferent animal from the 4r100.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
im interested in this too

i have been looking at a sun coast re build kit, but would like to see what can be done besides that to help it hang in there even longer

·
C&C Customs
1,258 Posts
a solenoid from doug at gogo diesel does wonders!

·
C&C Customs
1,258 Posts
and how hard is it to install the solenoid and what exactly is one from go go going to do
it makes the shifts really quick and firm! it makes a huge difference! you have to drop the pan which isnt that hard!

·
Reppin' the 6.4L
2,341 Posts
Mine has slipped before, and it doesn't now that I have changed the fluid and ran a firming shifting XStreet tune from Innovative. What can I do to prolong the life of mine? Will Doug's solenoid help at all?

Also, how much am I looking at for a Suncoast rebuild, installed? And who would I get to do the rebuild?

·
C&C Customs
1,258 Posts
Mine has slipped before, and it doesn't now that I have changed the fluid and ran a firming shifting XStreet tune from Innovative. What can I do to prolong the life of mine? Will Doug's solenoid help at all?

Also, how much am I looking at for a Suncoast rebuild, installed? And who would I get to do the rebuild?
yes dougs will make a world of difference!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts