Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I have a 2005 f350 6.0 with 218000 and the 5r110 and the trans temps here the last few days have not been over 100 degrees f unless idling the stay more around 60 to 80 with out side temps being under 40. I was wondering if the thermostat might be stuck open or if this is normal. I use a bully dog ft to monitor but have custom tunes from quick trick I have been running the loony fuel tune. The truck is stock except for sinister egr delete and 4 inch exhaust.

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
If that is truly the fluid temp then the thermostat is stuck open. It’s inside the pump . Trans needs to be removed , pump removed and split/disassembled to change it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My gauge on the dash reads in the middle or normal though when truck is at operating temp and the fluid on the stick is hot to the touch

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
if it was me and I had no other means to verify what was going on and I verified the PID with another device
I would be tempted to throw a temp sender in it
thanks for the advice I am gonna get my adapter for my phone back from my brother and recheck it through the torque app

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,075 Posts
If the dipstick is hot to the touch I suspect the temperature sensor is bad. It's located inside the pan.

The dash gauge will read in the middle of normal when the trans is warmer than 50°F and cooler than 230°F.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts