Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, This is probably a REALLY dumb question....I got some isspro gauges a couple days ago and I got the chance to wire up the trans temp gauges tonight. It lights up but the gauge doesent move but it starts at 100*, and I only had the truck idling for 5 mins....didnt drive it. So I guess my question is did I not install correctly or does the temp just not get that hot idling...Thanks! O and any pointer/tips for the boost and pyro would also be helpful...

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, Thats the answer I was hoping for! Ill take it for a spin tomorrow and see what she does. thanks!

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
Takes mine some time driving to move as well. I had my boost gauge "T'd" into the MAP line but my needle kept bouncing so I took it loose and drilled and tapped my intake elbow and put it there, no more needle bouncing. As for the pyro you want it pre-turbo, drivers side exhaust manifold is where most guys put it and that's where mine is as well.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you take the elbow off the truck when you drilled and taped or did you just leave it on. Thanks!

·
Still learning
368 Posts
Remove the elbow. Four bolts, and hose then wahla you've got it. No shavings in the intake.

For the exhaust I greased the drill bit and took my time drilling into the drivers side exhaust manifold. Then greased the tap and slowly tapped the hole for the pyro. No problems there.

Some will start the truck and drill into the exhaust manifold to blow out shavings and tap the same way.

·
Master of Disaster
68 Posts
On my egt i used a dry tap, then stuck the shop vac on the hole and sucked all the chips out

1 - 8 of 8 Posts