Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have been thinking long and hard about this and I finaly decided to ask for alittle help. I have a 2008 F250 with a ZF6 and I cant get my shifting down pat at the drag strip so now I want to know how much of a pain in the butt it would be to do a swap from manual to an auto? I know I need the computer and a bunch of new files from Spartan. Will the manual transfer case bolt up or will the 5r110 bolt to my flywheel housing. I have never done anything like this so thats why im asking. Anyones input is helpful thanks

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,179 Posts
The automatic bolts to the engine, not the flywheel housing. It will bolt up. You will need to replace the flywheel with a flex plate, remove the pilot bearing from the end of the crankshaft, install a transmission wiring harness, and probably several other things that I don't know about.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok sorry flywheel housing was what popped in my head and sadly I cant seem to get under 14.0 with my 6speed. I do think if I can launch just a bit harder I can try to get a 13.8 out of it. With a big tune and stock turbos and southbend dual disc it hard to get it all matched.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts