Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im bow hunting at my buddies farm and the trans out of no where started to act up. I drove the hour down to his house. Went out hunting, came back from hunting drove up to his house and we were going to go to the bar and get a bite to eat and the nose of the truck just dives when i get out of first gear.

When i put the truck in first, then shift it to 2nd it works flawlessly. i can go down the road at 40 mph and try to put it in drive and it just dumps the front end of the truck.

Could this be a low fluid level? Its a little low on tranny fluid but not horrible. Heading into town to see if we can find some fluid to get it back up where its suppose to be.

Just had the trans flushed about 10-15k miles ago, its never given me a hint of trouble. Im at a loss.

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
Where you posted was 911 if you are stranded somewhere and need a member to come help you.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
It is an 01. Could it be the diode acting up?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where you posted was 911 if you are stranded somewhere and need a member to come help you.

My bad was on my phone when i posted.

Trans is shot, thinking about a bts. trying to decide if i really need it, truck will prob just have tunes and big tires on it, nothing to crazy.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Trans is shot, thinking about a bts. trying to decide if i really need it, truck will prob just have tunes and big tires on it, nothing to crazy.
Getting a BTS isn't just about racing. It is about peace of mind. I can drive the truck how I want knowing that he has a reputation of fixing it AFTER the warranty and will not try to find fault with me to void the warranty. Sure, I can use a Ford reman but the issue is what happens when I pull in for warranty work. Will they cheerfully replace it or will they say "Oh you have a chip and exhaust so your warranty is void.". BTDT. I also know of techs who take some personal pleasure in squealing to Ford when they see mods.

Basically, I bought a BTS because I wanted to be sure that it will be fixed whatever I throw in front of it and for as long as I own it and maybe even to the next guy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts