Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately my trans truck was surging as i drove, like the trans was slipping, now when i put it in gear ( reverse or forward) it acts like its revving up then kills the motor.. if i put it in gear without holding the brake it will take off real quick then idle back to normal and i can drive it somewhat, until i put the brake on.. sometimes it will idle but then it wil try to go faster and kill the motor. Does this make sense ?? One time i was driving and it just went clunk real loud like it shifted extrremely hard, then went back to normal..

·
Registered
270 Posts
Have you checked the fluid? sounds like the converter is locking and that can be caused by lack of fluid. It could also be the filter has fallen out of the pump. Just a guess though. Also what trans is this? im assuming its a e4od or 4r100

·
In 6.7 heaven
224 Posts
Jaxral: Im no help I have the same exact issue, Im just going to stay tuned in until I can have the codes read. I did search some more threads and found that it could be the torque converter clutch solenoid on the passenger side, it could be the torque converter, someone even said just change the filter/fluids?

·
Registered
4 Posts
This similar problem happened to me I was pulling my boat after my tranny started kinda acting funny I'd stop at a light (w/o my boat hooked up) and it wouldn't down shift until a second or more and some times it wouldn't go back into gear off the line until a second or more but my truck only stalled in reverse and it was only a few times. Then a month or so later it got even worse I barley move in drive (baby crawling speed) slowly press the pedal and rpm's jus climb feels like it is trying to get into gear but just won't happen I can move in 1st and 2nd but not with drive until I shift from first and second manually then drive and it still slipps quite often but after time it got up to about 55 60. I tried to drop the trans but after I drained the fluid(black btw) after the pan was dropped I was horrified there was metal particles stuck to the plug magnet :-/ I am getting an overhaul kit because I'm a diy kinda person(and cheap content spend more then 350) but I have no clue if that will fix what may be wrong it's my only vehicle and I don't want to take it out of commission for too long any advice will be increadabley appreciated I need to have it fixed by the end on Jan :-/
Oh and the truck is an 03 7.3L with 4r100 and 260,000

·
Registered
103 Posts
like dave186 said more than likely its the torque convertor staying locked up..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts