Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my trans finally took a dump after almost 2 years of racing. Anyways who makes any good rebuild kits out there and what else do I need?

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Do you plan to rebuild it YOURSELF? If not, will the builder have issue with it? Some don't like the customer bringing in their own stuff for several reasons. One of which can be that they are marking up what they sell you so that is a loss of profit. Another could be that now they have no control of what you buy but if it breaks, you might blame them.

I have been in situations where the builder blamed the inferior parts and the parts company blamed the inferior builder. Either way, I got stuck in the middle with nothing to show for it.

Say you bought a Racer X kit and brought it to your local builder and he charged you for labor only. When it breaks he has to determine what broke and who is responsible. Who decides?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see what you mean. There is this guy I talked to here in Honolulu and sone of my friends go to him for performance rebuilds and alot of the transmission shops sub out there work to him for performance rebuilds cause they don't want any warranty issues. He said he will warranty his work. He said I could use what ever i like or I can use his kits.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
He said he will warranty his work. He said I could use what ever i like or I can use his kits.
And that is fine but say for the sake of argument, something gives way and it is a part failure. What to do? Now you get a new part from the parts guy but who pays to install it? It should not be the installer since it isn't his fault. He built it right but it was YOUR part that failed. I prefer it neater where it all goes thru you. Everything and anything that fails is all YOU. Again, I was in that mess before and it was messy. My suggestion to avoid complications is to get it all thru him. You might have to spend a few bucks more but the headache is so not worth it.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Msybe get the tc abd valve body from elsewhere, or a tugger kit.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok guys just got of the phone with him and just what Aklim said about part issues and breaking.I'm just going with what he says is good and i'll run the parts by you guys on what he thinks.BTW is a billet input needed in my rebuild,I know its alot stronger then stock but at what power levels do the stock let loose.I just do light towing but race once a month?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts