Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody. I am looking for so help. I have a 1999 F250 7.3l with a 6 speed. I ran out of clutch master fluid. had it towed to Ford in town were they told me that it needed a clutch pedal, master and slave cylinder and a clutch. Now it grinds a bit when you shift into first. But if you hold down the clutch for about 30 sec it shifts fine. Does anybody have any ideas? Ford is tring to tell me the syncro for first gear in bad. I find it hard to believe all this broke at once.

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
Holding the clutch in for 30 seconds allows the input shaft to slow down some, which make it engage smoother, so I'd say it sounds like a syncro. I'd change all of them when you fix it.

·
International Coal Roller
383 Posts
how many miles were on the clutch they pulled out? Sounds like you got hustled by ford, I have never heard of anyone needing a new clutch pedal. I t has been my experience that synthetic mercon V will cause this syncro issue, my problem was the 5th to 4th downshift, I solved this by adding in a quart of 140 gear oil, works fine now

1 - 3 of 3 Posts