Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 2002 ford f250 with a 7.3 and 4r100. I recently dropped the trans to do something. As it was out I replaced my trans linkage in which was melted. I hook the trans back up everything seemed okay until I took it around the block. I couldn’t manually go into first gear and when I put it in reverse it would bind up like it’s stuck between reverse and park.

ive taken the plate holding the linkage and moved it around and adjusted the linkage various ways. I’ve resolved nothing. Instead I have no park instead of first, at one point I had no park or reverse. i took the bracket off when j dropped the trans not thinking of how things went and I forgot how the bracket went before, and the bolt holes aren’t close to lining up. I just broke my shift tube forcing it into first, replaced that and messed around more to no resolution.

any help most appreciated.

· Premium Member
99 & 00, F350s, manual and auto, Ext & Crew Cab, 4x2 & 4x4, need more room!
4,442 Posts
Hello, I have a 2002 ford f250 with a 7.3 and 4r100. I recently dropped the trans to do something. As it was out I replaced my trans linkage in which was melted.
In which WHAT was melted??? How did it melt?

· Premium Member
4,442 Posts
So, you are actually replacing the transmission harness, not the linkage, right?

· Premium Member
4,442 Posts
Try this thread.

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Try this thread.
I’ll give it a try like he said. I’ve adjusted the dial many of times. Even adjusted the bottom of cable to transmission to match the linkage that was in previously.

· Premium Member
4,442 Posts
I’ll give it a try like he said. I’ve adjusted the dial many of times. Even adjusted the bottom of cable to transmission to match the linkage that was in previously.
You adjust the dial ONLY after the transmission works correctly.

Reactions: 1970something
1 - 8 of 8 Posts