Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, the trans is working good under light throttle. Under medium throttle it acts as if it isn't raising line pressure and the shifts kind of dissapear! Is there something that isn't telling the computer to raise line pressure? I don't have the green or red lines hooked up anymore, don't know if that has anything to do with anything or not.
Any insight is a appreciated. We have air-checked everything in the trans and had it apart to check for internal leaks. The trans has a tugger shift kit and has a .426 boost valve in it and it still doesn't shift. This is why I'm looking toward the electronics.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Under hard pedal does it run up the RPM and then to get it to shift to the next gear do you have to lift the pedal? This happen to me and it was because I forgot a couple check balls in the valve body.

As for the green and red lines - are you talking about the waste gate lines on the engine? If so, it will have nothing to do with your issue.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All shifting is on time, there are no delays or flares. The just act like it's not getting line pressure rise under throttle. We hooked up a Snap-On Solis scanner and it reads map as voltage and it didn't really change under throttle. Where as when put on a 97,99,01 and an 02 it changed exponentially under load. I have been chasing this little gremlin and have gone through 3 sets of third gear clutches and a couple of second gear clutches. We know the tranny is right it has been out 5 times. We tore it down once just to double check everything.

·
Registered
254 Posts
hmm, If it was me I would put a manual gauge on it and watch it. See what it is doing and then go from there.

One time on my first trany I rebuilt I put the Tugger kit in and used the wrong spring on the PWM (the kit has two springs that are the same color but one is much stronger then the other) It felt similar to what you are saying is going on with yours? Might want to check that too?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I think thats what we took out of the equation
(9 pin harness and + wire) on pass side of the trans to get max line pressure and ruled out the trans itself, and swamps rerwrote the tunes ,so far all is good. were you at Jake:poke:

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Drove it with a gauge hooked up and it sits right at 100-110 at an idle once in gear it increases to 150 and pretty much holds right there. Hopefully it will keep the clutches from burning up now in forward, and second.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts